THE HEINEMANN TOEFL
Listening Comprehension Section Test
Part A (EXLSTA)
1.B.He would like to read the articles, too.
2.C.She has been going to work late.
3.B.on a fam.
4.C.She’s feeling worse all the time.
5.A.She doesn’t like the painting.
6.C.The woman should study for both tests.
8.D. He isn’t sure it will be possible.
9. A.Janice called someone for him.
10.D.He doesn’t know when she will do the thesis.
11. A.That the man had fallen in the snow.
12. C.The cafeteria is too far away to walk to.
13.A.Jane owns the dictionary the woman wants to borrow.
14.C.The birds are terrific.
15. A.He knows a tour guide in the park.
16. B.She always works at night.
17.C.She hadn’t planned on going out tonight.
18. B.He doesn’t sell books anymore.
19. A.Jack was busy repairing his car during her visit.
20. D.The rooms haven’t been cleaned yet.
21. C.Clara is too busy to work for him.
22. A.Move to a more affordable apartment.
23. B.The woman needs to start her project today.
24. B.She heard that Karen missed a few questions on the test.
25.A.She doesn’t understand what the man wants.
26. C.The man shouldn’t be driving in this weather.
27. C.The man should check the paper tonight.
28.D.She doesn’t want to carry her dictionary.
29. D.Find out what is bothering the man.
30. C.Sharon seems bothered by the amount of work she has to do.
Part B (EXLSTB)
Questions 31 through 34. Listen to a conversation between two friends
31. B.The effects of hard water.
33. A.Moving to a new apartment.
34. A.Wash some clothes.
Questions 35 through 38. Listen to a telephone conversation between a students and her friend.
36. B.He’ll be in Chicago that evening.
37. C.He will be flying in from Chicago earlier that evening.
38.A.He would rather take his own car.
Part C (EXLSTC)
Questions 39 through 42. Listen to a biology professor give an introductory lecture to his students.
39.A.A branch of biology.
40. D.Study similarities in the activities and functions of organisms.
41. B.Because there are too complex to understand.
42.B.Their activities and functions.
Questions 43 through 46. Listen to a talk given by a college running coach.
43. A.To explain the rewards of long distance running.
44.B.Work out on their own.
45.C.Friday nights will be free for social activities.
46. A.Practice will begin.
Questions 47 through 50. Listen to a college professor speaking to an art history class.
47.D.Intensely dramatic paintings of the sea.
48. C.The depiction of the struggle for survival on American farms.
49. B.A single man, a small boat and an unfriendlysea.
50.D.To convey the changing moods of the Atlantic Ocean.