Kata Sulit :
1. equipment = peralatan
2. overcome = mengatasi
3. speech = pidato
4. vulnerable = retan
5. thousand = ribu
6. Furthermore = selanjutnya
7. characteristics = karateristik
8. movement = gerakan
9. affected = terpengaruh
10. oceanographers = ahli kelautan
11. formations = formasi
12. especially = terutama
13. concerning = tentang
14. Without = tanpa
15. Nervous = selain itu
Ide Pokok :
1. Observation On Undersea.
2. Progress of oceanographers.
1. With which topic is the passage primarily concerned?
A. Technological advances in oceanography
B. Communication among divers
C. Direct observation of the ocean floor
D. Undersea vehicles
2. The word sluggish in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to?
C. Slow moving
D. Very week
3. Divers have had problems in communicating under water because?
A. The pressure affected their speech organs
B. The vehicles they used have not been perfected
C. They did not pronounce clearly
D. The water destroyed their speech organs
4.This passage suggests that the successful exploration of the ocean depends upon?
A. Vehicles as well as divers
B. Radios that divers use to communicate
C. Controlling currents and the weather
D. The limitations of diving equipment
5. Undersea vehicles ?
A. Are too small for a man to fit inside
B. Are very slow to respond
C. Have the same limitations that divers have
D. Make direct observations of the ocean floor
6. The word cruise in the paragraph 1 could best be replaced by?
A. Travel at a constant speed
B. Function without problems
C. Stay in communication
D. Remain still
7. How is radio-equipped buoy operated?
A. By operators inside the vehicle in the part underwater
B. By operators outside the vehicle on a ship
C. By operators outside the vehicle on a diving platform
D. By operators outside the vehicle on a laboratory on shore
8. Which of the following are NOT shown in satellite photographs?
A. The temperature of the ocean’s surface
B. Cloud formation over the ocean
C. A model of the ocean’s movements
D. The location of sea ice
1. A. Technological advances in oceanography
2. C. Slow moving
3. A. The pressure affected their speech organs
4. B. Radios that divers use to communicate
5. D. Make direct observations of the ocean floor
6. A. Travel at a constant speed
7. D. By operators outside the vehicle on a laboratory on shore
8. D. The location of sea ice